Creative Problem-Solving for Better
This leadership training programme aims to introduce fundamental skills, tools, and techniques needed by professionals to identify and solve problems in an increasingly complex and rapidly-changing business environment, especially in Singapore. Participants learn how to resolve problems and issues in a more effective and creative manner and apply their learnings to their own real-work problems/situations during the workshop.
How you benefit:
- Appreciate the need for creativity in problem-solving
- Identify organisational and personal barriers to using creative approaches
- Understand and utilise a 4-step problem-solving model
- Appreciate a range of tools and techniques available to each of the 4 steps and identify the most appropriate tool to use
- Apply the tools to real work problems/situations
- Exploring typical problem-solving approaches
- Understanding the need for creative approaches
- Organisational and personal barriers to using creativity
- Practising different thinking techniques such as Thinking Styles: Convergent vs. Divergent Thinking and De Bono’s Six Thinking Hats
- Applying the 4-Step problem-solving model
- Understanding and using tools such as Why Laddering, 5W 1H, the KJ Method, Fishbone diagrams, replacing key words, etc.
- Generating a wide range of potential solution using tools such as brainstorming, analogy, reversal, cartoon storyboard, what if, super-hero, etc.
- Objectively evaluating all potential solutions using tools such as sorting, rating, potentials, five-finger consensus, the $1,000-dollar test, etc.
- Applying tools such as force field analysis, stakeholder-mapping/analysis, feasibility/attractiveness matrix, etc. to select the best solution
- Addressing stakeholders’ concerns and expectations in overall decision-making process
- Identifying and managing risks
Who should attend:
New managers, mid-level managers, and individual contributors looking to develop decision-making skills using a creative thinking process.
Speak to us for more information on our programmes, or if you wish for us to customise one for you.