This programme aims to help participants understand key features of organisational “politics” and provide them with a range of tools to help “navigate” within the organisation effectively. Participants learn to be more influential to the mutual benefit of themselves, their teams and their organisations.
How you benefit:
- Recognise the primary political power styles within organisations and learn to avoid the dangers of adopting the extreme of any style
- Identify signs that indicate political naivety
- Use practical, non-manipulative strategies to navigate the political arena whilst maintaining integrity
- Present ideas or challenge others’ ideas with appropriate vocabulary
- Recognise and handle potential sabotage and other negative actions from overly political colleagues, bosses, etc.
- Baselining reactions to the words “organisational politics”
- Understanding the hidden influence blocks and sabotages in organisations
- Exploring the political styles model
- Assessing your own strengths and weaknesses
- Reading power, the real agenda and unwritten rules
- Learning to alter perceptions
- Networking and self-promotion techniques
- Developing the elevator speech
- Presenting ideas/reacting to challenges
- Mapping and analysing stakeholders
- Developing cross-cultural sensitivity
- Developing your personal style and personal action plan
Who should attend:
New managers, mid-level managers, as well as senior managers and directors, and individual contributors or anyone looking to develop political savvy in a work setting.
Speak to us for more information on our programmes, or if you wish for us to customise one for you.