Sok Leng is a seasoned and well-rounded finance and business leader, a facilitator and an executive coach. Her passion is in coaching and developing high performance individuals and teams as well as analysing and discovering financial and learning solutions for corporate organisations to grow sustainably. Sok Leng has been instrumental in designing and implementing many Asia wide leadership development solutions, building on her real world experience as an inspirational leader.
Sok Leng brings a wealth of experience with over 25 years in finance, business development & operations, environment sustainability and learning & development in MNC, SME & start-up and non-profit (NPO) & non-governmental organisations (NGO). Prior to entering the learning and development industry, she was the Regional CFO for American Express in Japan/Asia Pacific/Australia (JAPA) and was a key member of the executive leadership team and provided extensive financial advice on the business strategies, new business opportunities, and major projects and third party alliances. In addition to her business function role, Sok Leng also played an active role as an inspiring leader coaching and mentoring American Express finance employees in the JAPA region enabling them to grow and develop in American Express.
In a bid to pursue her passion in working with people to be successful in their professional careers and be a visionary & inspiring leader, Sok Leng left Finance in 2011 and joined NoLimits as its General Manager and a key member of their facilitation and executive coaching team. In this role, she was instrumental in working with clients to understand their requirements, propose and design learning solutions that will best suit their needs and resources. She has also coached and mentored mid to senior level executives from both MNCs and government agencies across various industries including healthcare, manufacturing, mining and semiconductor.
Sok Leng is also an advocate for environment sustainability and had served with an environment NGO in Singapore.
- Head of Business Strategy & Development at Singapore Environment Council
- General Manager, key facilitator and executive coach at NoLimits
- Regional CFO for American Express in Japan/Asia Pacific/Australia
- Cash Management and Funding Manager (Regional) for American Express, responsible for the management of a funding portfolio of US$4 billion
Special Interests/ Expertise
- Personal effectiveness skills: Collaboration, Communication, Emotional Intelligence, Influencing, Managing Time and Priorities, Personal Branding, Self-Awareness and Awareness of Others
- Leadership programmes for new, mid-level and senior managers
- Building high performance teams
- Change management for individuals and leaders
- Facilitation of strategy meetings, leadership and team development workshop, brainstorming sessions
- Coaching and mentoring of mid- to senior level executives
- Certified practitioner: Extended DISC, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Neuro Linguistics Programming (NLP) Business Practitioner
- Results Trained Coach by Neuro Leadership Group